Avoid the ill-fated experience of this Nigerian youth who after spending a lot of money to an Educational Agent, was told by the US Visa Officer that "I would have granted you a visa but your admission is a fraud". Here is the easy way:
Visit The EducationUSA Advising Center (EAC), Nigeria. The EAC provides quality, timely, accurate, unbiased information about all accredited U.S. higher education institutions for persons wishing to study in the U.S.
Prospective members must complete an application form. The application fee costs $10 (about 1,600 Naira depending on exchange rate).
Each applicant will be assessed by a Counselor who will advise them about their potential to be admitted into a U.S. institution of higher learning.
Qualified applicants may become an EAC member and Membership fees are $200 (or Naira equivalent) per year. Members have access to EAC services every weekday except Wednesdays and Nigerian and American holidays.
- A photo identification card
- Priority access to an educational counselor
- Personal assistance to find an appropriate college or university
- Access to EAC facilities and services.
Facilities and services ensure the best possible chance for admissions into appropriate institutions in the United States.:
Facilities and services available at the center include:
- Counseling services
- Personal interviews with students, parents, guardians and sponsors
- Assistance to complete application forms for U.S. colleges and universities
- Help to convey the finest qualities of the applicants
- Library of print and electronic educational materials
- Technology Center
- Internet and E-mail
- Provide contact information for colleges and universities
- USAP Program (possible hyperlink)
- Select and apply to appropriate institution
- Provide information on standardized tests required for admission such as TOEFL, SAT, GRE and GMAT
- Understand what life will be like in a new environment and culture
- Special orientation sessions will be held for members only. They include:
- Detailed information about preparing to study in the United States
- Counseling on the visa process
- Pre-departure orientation and procedures
Embassy of the United States of America,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, Abuja.
Telephone: 234-09-4614251/4241/4257; Fax: 234-09-4614334/4010;
U.S. Consulate General, Public Affairs Section,
2 Walter Carrington Crescent; Victoria Island-Lagos.
Hope this is useful. Do not forget to drop your comment or like our facebook page: www.facebook.com/travelarmy