The MMMF is a nonprofit, public charity whose mission is to award educational grants to outstanding women from developing countries, who demonstrate a commitment to improving the well-being of women and children
The MMMF was founded in 1981 in memory of Margaret Craig McNamara by members of the World Bank Family Network (WBFN) in recognition of her life-long commitment to women and children worldwide and her advocacy for education. For more than three decades the Fund has awarded over 250 educational grants to women from low and middle-income countries, steadily increasing number and size of grants annually; from its first grant in 1983 to 24 grants in 2014.
The grants for this year opened on September 15, 2015 till 16 January 2016.
The MMMF awards education grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women from developing countries who have financial need and are committed to working to empower women and children.
Applications are made online at the MMMF website (www.mmmf-grants.org) during periods indicated for each program cycle (US/Canada, South Africa and Latin America).
Women applying for the MMMF grant must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to working to empower women and children in developing countries. (see detailed instructions on applications)
2. Demonstrate financial need
3. Intend to return to a developing country within two years of completing degree or intend to remain in developing country at least two years to work towards empowerment of women and children
4. Are 25 years old at time of application deadline (See detailed instructions on application)
5. Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance
6. Be a national of a country listed on the MMMF Country Eligibility List (see list on mmmf-grants.org website)
7. Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution at time of application and plan to be enrolled for a full academic year upon receipt of grant
8. Not be a relative of a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff or his/her spouse
9. Have not received a MMMF grant previously
10. Must be enrolled as a full time student with relevant student visa (see detailed instructions on application)
11. May not hold: US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status
For more information click here.
Source: MMMF official website
Hope this is useful. Do not forget to drop your comment or like our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/travelarmy