All applications will be reviewed by experts and voted on by the global voting public in order to determine the finalists. Thirty finalists will receive an all-expense paid trip to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), this year in sub-Saharan Africa, to showcase their ventures and to receive intensive training. Tech-I winners, selected by experts will win mini-grants Awards up to $15,000 USD, and receive one-on-one mentorship and training.
Tech-I accepts applications in the four subject areas of Agriculture, Energy, Health, and Information Communication Technology.
- Agriculture—Tech-I is looking for agriculture-related science and technology innovations
- Energy – Tech-I is looking for energy-related science and technology innovations
- Health – Tech-I is looking for health-related science and technology innovations, including low-cost diagnostic equipment or tests; mobile access to health expertise, especially specialists; ways to test and purify drinking water; new medical devices such as low-cost prosthetics; and innovative prevention and treatment methods for common diseases.
- ICT – Tech-I is looking for Information Communication Technology (ICT)-related science and technology innovations
- You must be a citizen of a GIST eligible country;
- You must be between the ages of 18-40 years old by March 20, 2015.
- Each Tech-I applicant is expected to submit an Executive Summary ( of 750 words in English) and a promotional video (lasting no longer than 90 seconds) of the product or service
Click here to apply
Application Deadline is March 20, 2015.